Download: Search by product SKU v 0.6.1
I recently completed a project that had a requirement for site users to be able to search for woocommerce products by the SKU (Stock keeping Unit). I looked at using relevanssi search but the configuration was a headache and seemed a little overkill to add the search for something very specific.
Plugin Description: The search functionality in woocommerce doesn’t search by sku by default. This simple plugin adds this functionality to both the admin site and regular search. If a product variation is matched the parent is returned otherwise it will try and match on a regular product stock keeping unit.
I don’t have any plans to extend the functionality to search any other aspects of wooommerce apart from the sku but feel free to use the plugin as a base for your own woocommerce search plugins – a link to this blog post would be appreciated though.
Better compatibility with Relevanssi search plugin
Minor release functionally – Major release development wise
- Compatibility with Woocommerce layered nav widget!
- Fix issue with search results appearing in strange places.
- Compatibility with Woocommerce Price filter widget!
- Fix issue with incorrect result count.
This is probably the most significant release of the plugin so far as it addresses most of the issues previously raised, so please keep all bug reports / enhancement suggestions coming
- Improved support for sites running wpml for translations in woocommerce
- Remove hidden products from search results
- “Total Found” search count works in more themes.
If anyone wants to revert back to an older version of the plugin at any point they are still hosted here: http://code.mattyl.co.uk/wordpress-plugins/searchbysku/old/
If you have used any of my plugins successfully why not throw me a few $ here: